1. 7.25" blade length. 12.75" overall with hilt and sheath. Clip-point bowie knife with unsharpened false edge and hidden tang construction. Item features a brass guard and pommel cap with Bakelite spacers ground down between to form the grips in alternating white, red, and black. Item unsigned and comes in a tooled leather sheath.
2. 6.25" blade length. 12.25" overall wit hilt and sheath. Bowie knife with stainless steel guard and pommel. Right side of blade shows remnants of a weak manufacturer marking reading "SIMO/OLY". Hilt is hidden tang construction with 2.5" wide aluminum guard. Pommel and center section of grip are likewise aluminum with spacers of leather and red polymer between them. Sheath is tooled leather with red and brown plastic lacing. Knife is secured by a brass snap stamped "WEST/CAL 45".
3. 5.75" blade length. 10.5" overall with hilt and sheath. Hidden tang bowie knife with clear plexiglas grip and leather sheath. Blade has copper shoulders applied to ricasso on both sides, retaining and stabilizing the guard. Tang is circular and visible through the clear spacers in the grip. Grip composed of alternating layers of clear and black plastic with some additional aluminum spacers. Sheath is stitched and riveted construction with brass snap retainer.
1. Good. Blade has two small bites near tip along with abrasions from previous sharpening. Blade is bright transitioning to a mottled gray patina closer to the guard. Flecks of oxidation visible around edge of guard. Handle shows some tarnish to brass components with some handling wear and scratches.
2. Good. Blade is bright without bites but has a chip to the tip. Blade shows sharpening abrasions. Hilt components have light scratching and handling wear with leather sections showing some further abrasions and spots of discoloration. Right side of hilt has some brass corrosion on it. Sheath is scratched, abraded, and shows some cracking and wastage.
3. Fair. Edge is smooth and without bites but blade shows oxidation overall. Copper shoulders have some green oxidation to shoulders. Grip has light handling wear and scratches with cracks visible to two spacers near tang. Sheath is scratched and has abrasions with some tarnish to snaps and rust on rivets. Snap has torn out of one side of leather retainer.
Array ( [live_biddable] => [inquire] => [phone] => [phone_bid] => 0 [sold] => 1 [unsold] => [make_offer] => [estimate] => 1 [timer] => [current_bid] => [asking_bid] => [start_price] => [buy_it_now_price] => [bid_activity] => )
Have a Similar Item?Consign With Us
Cowan’s Cincinnati Office offers an in-house, full-service shipping department which is unparalleled in the auction industry. Shipping costs are provided with your finalized invoice 24-48 hours after auction. For furniture and oversized items, we recommend using third-party services. For more information, click HERE or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CALIFORNIA & NEW JERSEY BUYERS: Due to recent changes to California and New Jersey law, we require all firearms, whether modern or antique, be shipped to a licensed FFL dealer. Please plan accordingly.
INTERNATIONAL BUYERS: Please note that Cowan's only ships firearms to a United States addresses regardless of antique status. It is the responsibility of the buyer to organize the export of their firearms to their country of residence. Cost of shipping to an exporter will be included on your invoice as the shipping cost, however the cost of exporting is solely the buyer's responsibility.
NOTE: All pickups and preview are by appointment only. To make an appointment, please call 513-871-1670 or email email@example.com
Page Load Executed Time Elapsed: 0.382 seconds