1. 15.75" long. 3" plug diameter. Carved powder horn with wooden peg stopper and a wooden plug retained by iron tacks. Horn engraved with an image of Lewis and Clark looking on as Sacagawea points the way forward. This image heavily resembles the painting by Alfred Russell indicating these to be modern carvings. Item fitted with a leather carrying strap that has broken at the plug end.
2. 7.75" blade length. 13" overall with sheath and hilt. Clip-point bowie knife with full tang construction and stag horn handle. Grip panels secured by three steel fasteners with a pommel cap retained by four tacks. Item features a disc guard and an unsharpened false edge. Blade is unsigned and comes in a leather sheath that is stitched and riveted together.
3. 4.75" blade length. 8.5" overall with hilt. Clip-point knife with horn handle retained y two fasteners. Blade is signed "SCHNATZ" to left side.
4. 10.5" overall. Combined cleaning jag and flathead screwdriver with wood handle.
1. Good. Plug shows some mars and dings while the horn itself shows some scratches. Leather strap is cracked with some signs of wastage along its edges.
2. Good. Blade has small bites near tip but blade is smooth overall with light pitting. Blade shows a gray patina with some signs of oxidation within pits. Stag horn handle shows discolorations overall with some handling wear. Sheath has light scuffs and scratches.
3. Fair. Blade has numerous bites along edge with blade showing light pitting on both sides in addition to a brown patina. Fasteners have rust to heads. Handle has discolorations and some mars.
4. Good. Shaft is a brown patina while screwdriver head has a chip to outer edge. Handle shows some discolorations and stains.
Array ( [live_biddable] => [inquire] => [phone] => [phone_bid] => 0 [sold] => 1 [unsold] => [make_offer] => [estimate] => 1 [timer] => [current_bid] => [asking_bid] => [start_price] => [buy_it_now_price] => [bid_activity] => )
Have a Similar Item?Consign With Us
Cowan’s Cincinnati Office offers an in-house, full-service shipping department which is unparalleled in the auction industry. Shipping costs are provided with your finalized invoice 24-48 hours after auction. For furniture and oversized items, we recommend using third-party services. For more information, click HERE or contact email@example.com.
CALIFORNIA & NEW JERSEY BUYERS: Due to recent changes to California and New Jersey law, we require all firearms, whether modern or antique, be shipped to a licensed FFL dealer. Please plan accordingly.
INTERNATIONAL BUYERS: Please note that Cowan's only ships firearms to a United States addresses regardless of antique status. It is the responsibility of the buyer to organize the export of their firearms to their country of residence. Cost of shipping to an exporter will be included on your invoice as the shipping cost, however the cost of exporting is solely the buyer's responsibility.
NOTE: All pickups and preview are by appointment only. To make an appointment, please call 513-871-1670 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Page Load Executed Time Elapsed: 0.464 seconds