There is one set of 15 slides that appear to be military training slides, showing information on revolvers, rifles, rifle grenades, hand grenades, etc. 8 of these are cracked, but still together.
Another set in a slide box is a group of 7, some of which are labeled.
- (1242) Transport passing ia French battleship in the Dardanelles.
- (1264)Terraces of Dugouts at Gaba-Tepe.
- Cameron Highlanders with Maxim Gun
- (1206)H.M.S Majestic in the act of sinking
- (1265)Flight Commander Samson about to start one of his strafing excursion.
Second box contains 8 more labeled slides:
- (1247) Slightly wounded men waiting in a gully near an advanced dressing station.
- (244) London Scottish (?) (plate cracked, label rubbing off)
- (1251)Australian gunner stripped to the waist serving a gun.
- (1223) No.I Fort showing N. I and No. III guns at Cape Helles
- (1236) Dardanelles. Men making bomb out of old jam tins and similar receptacles.
- (306) Ypres - The entire Cloth Hall involved in flames.
- (1234) Dardanelles. Captain of H.M.S. Lord Nelson addressing ships company.
- Daily mail Map, "War Panorama"
Envelope with six glass negatives of family views. Second envelope with prints from these. Most have a baby, a dog (Cavalier King Charles) or both in them. One of these negatives is broken.
Array ( [live_biddable] => [inquire] => [phone] => [phone_bid] => 0 [sold] => 1 [unsold] => [make_offer] => [estimate] => 1 [timer] => [current_bid] => [asking_bid] => [start_price] => [buy_it_now_price] => [bid_activity] => )
Have a Similar Item?Consign With Us
Cowan's is one of the only houses to offer full service, in-house shipping. Please note shipping costs are factored by weight and size, not purchase price. Larger items like furniture may incur a higher shipping charge. Our experts pack and ship over 5,000 purchases each year. Shipping costs are included on every invoice to make getting your items as fast and easy as possible. For more information, click HERE or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page Load Executed Time Elapsed: 0.404 seconds