1) U.S. Model 1816/22/27 Socket Bayonet. SN: Ka48. 16" bade with prow point tip, 8.75" fuller and 3" bridged socket with T-shaped mortise and .84" muzzle diameter, 19" overall length. Ricasso marked "US/JA" and with additional inspection marks.
2) U.S. Model 1816/22/27 Socket Bayonet. SN: Ka48. 16" bade with prow point tip, 8.75" fuller and 3" bridged socket with T-shaped mortise and .83" muzzle diameter, 19" overall length. Unmarked.
3) U.S. Model 1816 style contract Socket Bayonet by Nathan Starr. 16.25" blade with prow point tip, 8" fuller, 3" socket with T-shaped mortise and .84" muzzle diameter. 19" overall length. Marked "US/NS".
4) U.S. Model 1795 style Socket Bayonet circa 1808-1812. 14.125" blade, rudimentary 7.25" fuller, 2.875" unbridged socket with simple Z-mortise and .869" muzzle diameter, 17.5" overall length. Face of blade marked "U.S.", flat shank face, socket numbered "14".
5) Crude 1816 style Socket Bayonet. 11" flat face blade, 3" bridged socket with .82" muzzle diameter, 14" overall length. Face of blade with two punch dots.
1.) About very good with socket very slightly out of round
2.) About very good.
3.) Near relic condition with moderate surface rust.
4.) Near relic condition and moderately pitted.
5.) Relic condition, heavily oxidized, pitted with slightly out of round socket, impact marks and cracks in the socket.
Array ( [live_biddable] => [inquire] => [phone] => [phone_bid] => 0 [sold] => 1 [unsold] => [make_offer] => [estimate] => 1 [timer] => [current_bid] => [asking_bid] => [start_price] => [buy_it_now_price] => [bid_activity] => )
Have a Similar Item?Consign With Us
We are happy to announce that the Cincinnati office of Hindman/Cowan's will be moving to a new location on May 23, 2022.
In advance of our move, we are requiring that all purchased property be removed from our current Este Avenue location within two weeks of the completion of each auction. For this auction, all property must be removed by May 12.
If you have any questions, please call 513-871-1670 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cowan’s Cincinnati Office offers an in-house, full-service shipping department which is unparalleled in the auction industry. Shipping costs are provided with your finalized invoice 24-48 hours after auction. For furniture and oversized items, we recommend using third-party services. For more information, click HERE or contact email@example.com.
CALIFORNIA & NEW JERSEY BUYERS: Due to recent changes to California and New Jersey law, we require all firearms, whether modern or antique, be shipped to a licensed FFL dealer. Please plan accordingly.
INTERNATIONAL BUYERS: Please note that Cowan's only ships firearms to a United States address regardless of antique status. It is the responsibility of the buyer to organize the export of their firearms to their country of residence. Cost of shipping to an exporter will be included on your invoice as the shipping cost, however the cost of exporting is solely the buyer's responsibility.
NOTE: All pickups and preview are by appointment only. To make an appointment, please call 513-871-1670 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Page Load Executed Time Elapsed: 0.348 seconds