Cowan’s Auctions offers an in-house, full-service shipping department which is unparalleled in the auction industry. As one of the world’s top auction houses, our team of experts ship over 12,000 items a year including priceless fine art, rare firearms, delicate antiques, and other one-of-a-kind items.
We partner with preferred carriers to ensure safe, efficient delivery that works with your schedule. Please allow 14 – 21 days after payment to package and ship your purchase as carefully as possible.
Cowan’s Shipping Includes:
- Expert Packing
- Commercial & Residential Delivery
- International & Domestic Options
- Full Insurance
- Signature Required on Delivery
Private Carriers & Insurance
- For buyers with private UPS/FedEx accounts or alternate shipping arrangements, we can provide a packing-only quote.
- For buyers with private insurance, we will adjust your shipping quote to exclude insurance fees.
- Please notify the shipping department with any alternate requests or instructions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-871-1670 ext. 219.
- For shipment of furniture and oversized items, we recommend using third-party shipping carriers. Please see our list of Recommended Shippers (pdf) for alternative shipping options.
Advance Shipping Estimates
If you would like a shipping estimate in advance of an auction, please contact email@example.com or call 513-871-1670 ext. 219 with the desired lot numbers and destination address.
“I buy antiques at auction throughout the US, across Canada, everywhere in the UK and occasionally in the EU. There is a number of negatives to do with buying at international auctions. A major one is packing. Auction houses seem to believe that this is the buyer’s problem. In some ways this may be true, but the auction houses may not like the obvious solution: stop buying, period. The real solution is the one that Cowan’s has chosen: have your own packing/shipping department so you can provide a seamless, stress free experience for your clients. My thanks and congratulations to Cowan’s for being ahead of the pack.”
– Cecil, Decorative Art Buyer
“I recently participated in your timed online Book & Maps auction and purchased four books. The books arrived today and I would like to express my thanks to Cowan’s Auctions, especially your shipping department, for doing a superlative job of packing the rare and fragile books. One of the books was a one-of-a-kind folio-sized book housed in a clamshell box, quite difficult to pack, and everything arrived in perfect condition. Clearly, someone took a great deal of time and care in preparing this package for shipment and it is greatly appreciated.”
– Jack, Fine Book Buyer
“My item was shipped yesterday and I picked it up in our quaint post office in Arizona this morning. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate that Cowan’s handles its own packing and shipping. This greatly simplifies the process, much simpler than the dance with third party shippers that other auction houses seem to inflict on their buyers.”
– Dave, American Indian Art Buyer
“I recently purchased several items and I wanted to thank your shipping staff. They couldn’t have been more kind and helpful. The items were received perfectly just as I expect from your company and staff. I have purchased several items over the years and have yet to be disappointed.”
– Michael, Historic Firearms Buyer